News and Announcements
- Call for Beta Readers New Years 2019
- Celebration Announcement Coming Soon.
- Projected 2nd draft completion in Winter of 2018.
- Beta Reader review complete on first draft.
- First edit of Supplicant finished as of October 2016.
Authors have their muses. The thing that gets them in touch with their higher creative mind. For Edgar Allen Poe it was opium. Hemingway was quoted as saying "Write drunk. Edit Sober." Oscar Wilde loved his absinthe. For me, it is music, and lots of it.
When I write, it is a movie playing in my head. All I am doing is trying to describe what the actors are doing. All good movies have great soundtracks, and so I listen to music that captures the mood of the central moments in the story.
Sometimes I am lucky and an entire album has a feel for the moods of the moment. At times a song here or there captures the essence. Other times it is for what they lyrics say.
How do I turn the silver vibrations of inspiration and turn them into words? That's for another post. In the meantime I offer this album as an example of music that has the overall emotion of the story in Supplicant.